You may have a day where you experience problems with your Internet. If your internet slows down or stops working all together it can be frustrating. Fortunately, there are some easy things you can do to resolve these issues. Here are some suggestions on how to fix things quickly, so you don’t have to spend your valuable time reaching out for assistance.
Keep in mind that there is a good technique to test these fixes as you go along. Type your favorite website’s address into your browser (for example, www.salmonbaywireless.com), and refresh your browser by pushing down the shift key while pushing down the enter key. If your site displays, then the problem is resolved.
Here are some additional steps to follow if you are still experiencing problems. 90% of Internet issues are resolved with the first two steps.
- Restart your Router. To do this, pull the power cord out, wait 10 seconds, and plug the power cord back in. Wait 2-3 minutes and then run a speed test again. This takes care of most internet issues.
- Is your account paid up? Go to the payment link you received from us in your email to look at the status of your account. This link doesn’t change – it should always reference your account information.
- If you find that you still aren’t getting internet at all, some basic checks are helpful. Is your router plugged in correctly? Make sure that nothing has come loose or is disconnected.
- Next, try plugging your computer directly into your router with an ethernet cord. Are you able to use the Internet? This test will eliminate the chance that any local wireless issues are occurring.
- Check other equipment as well – take a look at your outside antenna. Is it where it is supposed to be? (has it come loose?). Is the antenna pointed in the right direction, the direction where it was pointed when it was installed?
An option for advanced users is to ping 18.104.22.168 by using a command prompt. Did you get a response? Then your Internet is up and working but it could be a DNS issue.
If these suggestions don’t work then email us or call 206-400-8000.